ALL NATURAL DIY SKINCARE
"Good for you and good for the environment"
also known as Carrot Seed Oil and Its Benefits
Photo credit: Reenie-JustReenie (Flikr)
Daucus Carota or Carrot Seed Essential Oil is one of my all-time favorite essential oils.
I found it in a search to get rid of my stretch marks. It had been advertised as a main ingredient in many expensive stretch mark creams.
I added it to my favorite carrier oil which is Sweet Almond oil and applied it. After a few weeks they were significantly reduced.
Other than being able to help scars, what is it good for?
- It's an anti oxidant - which is why it helps to reduce stretch marks and wrinkles. It protects against free radicals and lessens your risk for skin cancer.
- A natural diuretic, helps to clear the body of toxins. This is also true of carrots, and carrot juice in particular.
- When taken internally it cleans and purifies your organs and helps your body to function properly. Great if you've been eating tons of processed foods.
- It helps to stimulate circulation and metabolism.
- It helps skin cells regenerate
- Tightens and tones skin and muscles
- An effective stress reliever - if you've had a bad day just relax with a little carrot seed essential oil in a carrier oil and massage it on your skin.
- It's antiseptic and can help heal wounds.
- Helps eases and regulate the menstrual cycle
With all of these great benefits you can see why it's one of my favorites.
Special Note: I use Amazon online to purchase ready to go products so I can maintain my natural skin care regime at all times, e.g travelling, working long hours, unable to get to the store... It is a good alternative without compromising my ideals.
Check out the related links below for more great information;
Return to Essential Oils from Daucus Carota
Black Pepper Essential Oil and its Benefits
Return to the Home Page